After leaving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, where he served as Regional Attorney for the Cleveland District and Assistant General Counsel, Bruce B. Elfvin entered private practice.
Before joining the firm as a partner, Barbara Kaye Besser was a Senior Trial Attorney with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (1983-1989) and Director of Litigation for the Women's Law Fund (1973-1983).
Our attorneys are leaders in the field of employment law and professional activities. Among their accomplishments and awards:
- Mr. Elfvin, Ms. Besser and the Firm are all AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Mr. Elfvin & Ms. Besser were named “super lawyers” in both 2005 & 2006
- Ms. Besser is listed in Who's Who in American Law, 10th ed.
- Mr. Elfvin is among a limited number of lawyers in the state who are certified as Specialists in Labor & Employment Law by the OSBA
- Mr. Elfvin has been recognized in the Best Trial Lawyers in America-Labor and Employment for the past five editions
- Ms. Besser serves as the Vice Chair and immediate past Secretary of the Labor and Employment Specialty Certification Committee, immediate past Chair OSBA Labor and Employment Council, past Chair of the Specialization Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association and an OSBF Fellow-Class of 2005
- Mr. Elfvin is Vice Chair (Counselor) of the Cleveland Employment Inn of Court
Mr. Elfvin was recognized as the
EEOC's Outstanding Alumnus 2000- Law
Ms. Besser is Chair of the Technology Committee, and a member of the Lawyer-Client Relations, School Law, and Employment Law committees of the Cuyahoga County Bar Association
- Mr. Elfvin was selected as one of the top 300 lawyers in Ohio by Northern Ohio Live (2003).
- Mr. Elfvin's decade old representation of Cleveland’s minority pipe fitters was featured in the Cleveland Plain Dealer (August 2003). P.D. Pipefitters article