Topic of the Week
Game Change: Positive Politics at Work
Politics isn't limited to politicians. 56% of us believe that playing politics is necessary for getting ahead at work. Which reminds me of a quiz that I often give when giving a speech. I ask an audience to tell me what comes to mind when I say, "office p
Blog of the Week
Rep. Keith Ellison's Low-wage Worker Organizer SOTU Guest: "I go with a conflicted heart"
Today I will accompany U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, representing low-wage workers' voices at President Barack Obama's sixth State of the Union. While I am honored, I go with a conflicted heart.
Thought for the Week
"If I had to reduce the responsibilities of a good follower to a single rule, it would be to speak truth to power."
List of the Week
Training Mistakes: Workers Feelings About Corporate Training
- 84% say there are problems with training
- 48% say it only happens occasionally
- 45% say content is inconsistent
- 25% say material is boring and not up to date
Top Five News Headlines
- Teachers Take Union Dues to Supreme Court
- Supreme Court sends back 'misapplied' retiree health-benefit case
- Ruby Tuesday accused of employment discrimination. Against men.
- Report: Fast food industry could survive $15 minimum wage
- Thousands of nursing home workers across the city and Long Island could walk out if contract talks fall through this week