Topic of the Week
Avoiding Teen Job Scams
Lily Tomlin once said, "No matter how cynical you are, it's never enough." Clearly she was looking for work as a teen job seeker, because that's exactly the attitude that you need to adopt. Lily Tomlin once said, "No matter how cynical you are, it's never
Blog of the Week
"The market rate for me as a C.E.O. compared to a regular person is ridiculous, it's absurd"
Dan Price, the founder of Gravity Payments, after he read an article on happiness. It showed that, for people who earn less than about $70,000, extra money makes a big difference in their lives.His idea bubbled into reality on Monday afternoon, when Mr. Price surprised his 120-person staff by announcing that he planned over the next three years to raise the salary of even the lowest-paid clerk, customer service representative and salesman to a minimum of $70,000.
Thought for the Week
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it."
List of the Week
from New York Times
We're Getting Smarter: Really
- Kenyan children's IQ has gained nearly one point a year
- American IQ has been rising 3 points per decade
- Removal of lead from gasoline may have added 6 points
Top Five News Headlines
- As Cities Raise Their Minimum Wage, Where's the Economic Collapse the Right Predicted?
- New York City Council Votes to Restrict Credit Checks in Hiring
- Outback Steakhouse Class Swells
- Fast-food strikes widen into social-justice movement