Topic of the Week
You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello: Effective Introductions
It seems that networking is the answer today, no matter what the question. It's helpful when you're looking for work, doing your job or trying to get ahead.
Blog of the Week
On Wages, The Economist Agrees
Wages, of course, are not just important to central bankers. Weak pay saps revenue from income tax and social-security contributions, making it harder for governments to mend public finances.
Thought for the Week
"Don't introduce me to that man! I want to go on hating him, and I can't hate a man whom I know."
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- New law makes companies liable for contracted labor
- Workers laid off at Osram Sylvania in Central Falls may receive help, including wage subsidy, from state
- A Capstone in a Career Spent Fighting for the Rights of Domestic Workers
- Labor Rights for Home Care Workers