Topic of the Week
Dogma: Spotting It Where You Work
Most organizations have their organizational dogma, rules that everyone just accepts to be true. There is only one problem, often these rules don't apply any more.
Blog of the Week
On Wages, The Economist Agrees
Wages, of course, are not just important to central bankers. Weak pay saps revenue from income tax and social-security contributions, making it harder for governments to mend public finances.
Thought for the Week
"Every dogma has its day."
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- Has the National Labor Relations Board opened 'Pandora's Box'¡
- San Francisco to raise minimum wage to $11.05 per hour
- Election Day Could Bring Raises To 680,000 Low-Wage Workers
- Robert J. Samuelson: Wages stay stagnate as workers fear switching or losing jobs
- Chipotle workers say they work extra hours for no pay