Topic of the Week
Source Code: Effective Business Communications
Everyone at work seems to be overwhelmed today. With all of our bulging inboxes, it's so darned important for every one of us to learn how to communicate more efficiently and effectively.
Blog of the Week
Will the "real" employer please stand up? The consequences of the global shift to subcontracting, franchising, and outsourcing
A fundamental change has taken place in the American workplace, and we are only now beginning to realize just how monumental it is.
Thought for the Week
"The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: concentration, discrimination, organizations, innovation and communication."
–Harold S. Geneen
List of the Week
from Fish Consulting
Virtual Team Challenges: What Managers Are Concerned About
- 49% communicating effectively
- 43% managing projects and deadlines
- 43% creating consensus during decision-making
Top Five News Headlines
- Mandatory sick leave moves forward in Capitol
- Walmart Would Really Rather Not Pay That $151M That Court Says It Owes Employees
- Justices revive case claiming UPS discriminated against pregnant worker
- Supreme Court Sides With Pregnant Workers
- Yes, You Should Ask for a Raise