Topic of the Week
Technology Addiction: Do You Own Them or Do They Own You?
It IS possible to not let your devices control you. This week's strategies are designed to make make these devices work for you.
Blog of the Week
Take a Made-In-America Vacation
What could be more "Made in America" than a good old USA summer vacation that's union made, too? Here are some tips from Union Plus.
Thought for the Week
"One unnamed American college student told of their overwhelming technology cravings, which they confessed was not too dissimilar from a person suffering from substance abuse. "
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- NLRB dismisses unions' complaints regarding Convention Center
- Wisconsin Court Upholds Law Curbing Unions' Rights
- Fast-food chains go to war with labor board
- Met Opera Employees Facing Unemployment Rally Together
- Obama Expected To Sign Executive Order On Federal Contractor Workplace Conditions