Topic of the Week
The Challenge of Getting Promoted
What stresses leaders the most¡ Turns out, it's getting a promotion. This week, we discuss why and how to combat these concerns.
Blog of the Week
On Wages, The Economist Agrees
Wages, of course, are not just important to central bankers. Weak pay saps revenue from income tax and social-security contributions, making it harder for governments to mend public finances.
Thought for the Week
"I don't rule Russia, 10,000 clerks do."
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- Workers sue Orange Park Medical Center
- OSHA Will Put Workplace Safety Data Online as 'Nudge' to Employers
- Sick leave measure divides workers, businesses
- UAW Workers in Indiana Approve Lear Corp. Contract
- Idaho's minimum wage only half of livable wage